Yesterday, while I was grocery shopping, I had the urge to buy a Napa cabbage. It was just so pretty (weird, I know) that I needed it in my cart. Cabbage, while I like it, doesn’t often make an appearance in my kitchen. I got home, unpacked the groceries with no particular plan in mind. So, the question was….what exactly was I going to do with this cabbage?
This is what happened.
- I shredded the cabbage and threw it in a bowl
- I cut up 1 stalk of celery and half a cucumber into matchstick sized pieces and threw that in as well.
- I added some mixed shoots to the bowl
- And then about half a bunch of cilantro
Then I made the dressing. I didn’t measure so these measurements are approximate.
- Juice from 1 lime (that’s exact 🙂
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (maybe a little less)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mongolian fire oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
I mixed that all up and drizzled a little on that big bowl of cabbage. Then, I marinated 2 pieces of mahi mahi in the rest and cooked that in a pan on the stove. I topped off a plate of this wonderful cabbage salad with some mahi. And now, I’ve got 3 lunches for the week already.
*It would be really easy to keep this vegetarian….just top it with your favorite protein.