I am sitting in the airport in Vegas. I have been here since 10 this morning. The kids’ flight left about an hour ago. They are headed back to their camp in Naples, Maine for their final few weeks as campers. After that they’ll all be moving on to bigger and better things. I love summer camps. The experiences, communities, and opportunities for friendship and personal growth exist within the boundaries of these places like they do no where else. And, unless you’ve been a part of one there is no way to describe it in a way that you’ll understand.
A few thoughts before I get on my plane….
• In true tour fashion, I don’t think I need to eat again until next summer.
• I love Utah and all of the geographical diversity it offers.
• I don’t love Vegas. I’m not sure I even like it, but I love how much the kids love it.
• I know I am on tour when I can drink coffee at 9 o’clock at night and still fall asleep in 3 seconds. In my real life I don’t typically caffinate.
• I liked running this tour, but missed having all my tour friends out there doing the same thing.
Boarding now…. More to come later… I can’t wait to get home and see my munchkins (aka my niece and nephew from Cali who will be visiting with my sis and bro in law)